My ideal Sunday

Sunday 13 May 2018


Sunday is my absolute favourite day. For some reason I just feel so calm on Sundays. If your life is a little bit hectic, I would definitely recommend using Sunday to take some time for yourself, chill and prepare for the week ahead. 
Here's a little list of my favourite things to do on a typical Sunday...

1. Have a lie in
Sunday is the only day of the week that I get to turn my alarm off and have a lie in. Being able to wake up when your body naturally wakes up is SO refreshing. I usually get up at between 10 and 10:30 am on a Sunday and it's sheer BLISS.


2. Brunch
Whether it's going out for brunch or making brunch at home, I just love brunch. I don't even care how cliche it is- breakfast food is my favourite food in the world.



3. Put on a good playlist
Chill music is PERFECT for setting the Sunday mood. I am obsessed with all of the 'easy' playlists on Spotify but especially 'easy 70s' and 'easy 90s' - hearing the songs in these playlists send me right back to my childhood and make me feel so nostalgic and warm.


4. A good old face mask
My skin is so temperamental especially in the heat. I have bad pores and generally greasy skin which I exfoliate every day but daily exfoliating also dries out certain areas. Weekly face masks are not only relaxing, they also make my skin perfectly smooth and refreshed.



5. Sunday roast
What is a Sunday without a Sunday roast?! Last weekend I had a little afternoon nap and was woken up by my mum telling me that dinner was ready - what an absolute dream!

6. Trash TV/Disney Films
Perfect Sunday watching. An old school Disney film or some episodes of The Bachelorette are perfect.

7. Writing a blog post
There is something therapeutic about writing (especially writing lists which is why a lot of my blog posts are lists), unfortunately Sunday is the only day that I have enough time - and headspace - to sit and write. I love building up ideas through the week and finally getting to type them out on Sundays.

8. A shower and an early night
My favourite part of self-care - SLEEP. There's something special about having a shower right before getting in to bed. A nice wash, fresh pyjamas and a good sleep - the perfect end to my favourite day.


Comment your Sunday routine below!

Post a Comment

Hiya, Kayleigh © . Theme by STS.