August Favourites

Saturday 3 September 2016

How weird is it that it is now Autumn?! Not going to lie though, I'm so excited about it. Roll on oversized jumpers and Halloween-y films like Hocus Pocus and Halloweentown. At least now I won't sweat my make-up off as soon as I leave the house, am I right?
Anyways, here is a list of the things that we've been loving this August to celebrate the end of Summer!


KAYLEIGH

Nars Highlighting Blush in Albatross
I first noticed this on one of my friends on a night out - her highlight was on POINT so obviously I was all "TELL ME YOUR SECRETS WHAT ARE YOU WEARING?!" Luckily it was my birthday in August so it went straight on my list and I've been wearing it ever since. I find that powder highlights look so much better on my skin than liquid ones because my skin can get quit oily. I definitely recommend this if you're looking for a good powder highlight!


Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation
This foundation is perfect. I wear it pretty much daily. It's quite thick so the coverage is really good (perfect for me right now as my skin is a complete nightmare) and it smells amazing! I am quite pale so I use the colour Beige and it is spot on for my skin. It looks so natural but also gets rid of flaws? Idk how that works but it does and it's amazing.


My New Tattoo!
So technically I got it in July but I have been loving it this month too! Me and my sister decided to get a matching tattoo to celebrate her turning 18 and me turning 21 (and also because we're BFFs and it's a cute idea). After much deliberation we decided to get a pinky promise because it's like a cute metaphor for how we promise we'll always be there for each other AAF NMW. 


Stranger Things
If you haven't heard of this, umm, where have you been? But seriously, it's a fairly new show on Netflix which tells the tale of a boy from a small town who goes missing one night. It follows his friends and family members as they try to find out what happened to him. That is probably the worst description of it ever but I promise you, it's really good! It is quite creepy though so if you scare easily (like me) I recommend watching it during the day. I watched the first 6 episodes in one day but had to stop when it got dark cos got scared.


Raleigh Ritchie
I have been listening to Raleigh Ritchie literally non-stop this month, I'm UB-SESSED. I also had the absolute pleasure of seeing him live at Reading festival and he definitely did not disappoint. He has high energy, relatable lyrics and catchy tunes - what's not to love?! (Plus he's also Grey Worm from GOT so that's cool).


Mugs
Ok, this might seem really strange but this month I have acquired a lot of new mugs. Anyone that knows me knows that I love a good slogan mug, they just cheer me up of a morning! So pretty much all of my close friends and family members got me a mug for my birthday and I've just been loving using them every day. 


Paris
Ever since I was a child I have been begging my parents to take me to Disneyland and they never did. So when I turned 21 I thought ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and booked up to go. Needless to say it was the most magical experience of my life and I literally cried with joy (more than once tbh). But while I was there I absolutely fell in love with Paris on the whole. Everything about it is so... chic. The architecture is beautiful, the people are beautiful, the food is beautiful. I just want to move there and live in a cute apartment above a hip cafe where people drink wine and smoke cigarettes outside, ja feel?
 
 
ABBY
Beauty
Ardell Lashes - Wispies
I first saw these lashes on Nicole Guerriero's YouTube channel and ever since then I have been obsessed! These lashes are so easy to apply, I'm talking seconds. They can be worn for a more natural look in the day or can be volumised with mascara for a more dramatic and bold look at night. I really don't have anything bad to say about this product, they're my holy grail lashes. 

Lancome Visionnaire 1 Minute Blur 
It has been a long and emotional journal between myself and my pores and now it's finally coming to an end - thank god. I have been struggling with large pore all through Winter and into the Spring months, making it extremely hard to wear foundation and concealer without people thinking my face was the moon - no joke, these pores got my face looking cratered. I apply this product after moisturiser and before foundation, and let me tell you, it quite literally glides onto the skin like silk. The product itself comes out in a gel texture and is very cool and soft to the touch. It's not a heavy product and doesn't make buffing foundation in difficult or strained - having said that, personally I feel this product works better when foundation is blended with a beauty blender. This product has worked wonders for me and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is struggling with large or apparent pores. 

Entertainment
Scandal
This TV series is literally giving me life right now. Yes, it may have taken over my life at a time where university work was critical and my future was hanging in the balance, but when a good series comes along, there's just no denying it! (I'm such a bad kid!). Kerry Washington (my ultimate woman crush right now) plays a strong lead role, running her own crisis management firm with a dedicated and interesting team. Although this drama is based around the White House and American politics, it's no where near as boring as you may think. The romance in this drama is intense, shocking, emotional and all consuming. If you love crime, drama, politics and tales of epic romance, this is the show for you.  

Let us know what you've been loving this month! 
xoxo 

Post a Comment

Hiya, Kayleigh © . Theme by STS.