2 Weeks In Paradise: República Dominicana

Sunday 5 June 2016


I am very fortunate to say that I spent the past 2 weeks in The Dominican Republic with my boyfriend, and let me tell you... it was absolutely stunning. The weather was beautiful, the food was delicious and the people were so welcoming and friendly. Despite my initial belief that this Caribbean island was going to blasting Bob Marley at every available opportunity and that the people would be rocking massive dreads (Rasta man!) - don't worry, I realise how stereotypical I sound - I was completely wrong. And so it was much to my surprise when I found out that it's Spanish based country. In the same way, whilst on a day trip to Saona Island, we learnt that 65% of the Dominican Republic is a nature reserve, which explained the untouched beauty of the country itself. I really could talk about it all day, but I'll shut up now and let a few pictures do the talking.  


It was weird, I found myself lying by the pool, swimming in the crystal clear ocean or just sat on the balcony and I would just find myself speechless, I was in disbelief that a place so beautiful could exist. Thinking back now, I almost question myself - was the sea that blue? Was the food really that fresh? But it was, it was paradise on Earth. I admit, I'm finding myself in the midst of holiday blues, and they always hit me hard. The other day at work I was walking down the corridor and suddenly my eyes starting watering and an intense feeling of sadness came over me. It's almost like, you spend 2 weeks in a perfect bubble and then you're thrown back into reality. I had the most amazing holiday and I'm so grateful that I was able to experience what I did. It was a beautiful adventure and I hope one day I'll be able to return.
 
 Abby x


Post a Comment

Hiya, Kayleigh © . Theme by STS.