Latest pins
Sunday, 15 January 2017

2016 HIGHLIGHTS

1) Paris (/Disneyland).
Anyone that knows me knows that I have wanted to go to Disneyland for the past 20 years. When I was little my sister and I used to pick up brochures for Disneyland and just give them to our parents - you'd think they'd get the hint, but they didn't. So for my 21st birthday I FINALLY got to go and it was magical. I'm not going to lie, I cried (tbh, I cried more than once). Needless to say, it definitely didn't disappoint and I'm definitely going back ASAP! 
Also, while we were there we obviously had a little look around Paris and the whole time I was in awe. It is definitely one of the prettiest places I've ever seen - especially because I'm a sucker for architecture so I was mesmerised by all the old buildings and the chic little cafes with people sitting outside sipping on wine with a cigarette in hand.

2) Graduating.
The past 3 years of my life have been an absolute rollercoaster, but that's just what uni does to you! I genuinely had times (multiple times) when I thought that it just wasn't going to happen and I'm sure my friends were fed up of me threatening to drop out. But... I did it! University has genuinely been the best time ever and I met so many amazing people so it was really special to be able to graduate with them.


3) Reading festival.
This Summer I decided that I would treat my sister to a ticket to her first ever music festival. Since we were kids we've watched all of the festivals on TV and I knew that she would love to go, so for her 18th birthday I took her! It was so good being able to experience it with her and seeing some of our favourite bands together was definitely a highlight.



4) Multiple trips to London (/seeing Kinky Boots).
This year my sister went to uni and as much as I miss her, I also love it because it means that I get to visit her in London. This Christmas we went to see Kinky Boots at the Adelphi Theatre and it actually changed my life. So now, I'm going to quit my job and follow my dreams of being a West End star... 

5) The Christmas/New Year period with my gals.

Me and my friends are always off doing other things - some of us are still at uni, others have full time jobs and we're hardly ever in the same place at the same time so Christmas is always a time for us to reunite and it's always one of my fave times of year.


6) Getting matching tattoos with my sister.
I feel like a lot of these memories are either about, or include, my sister BUT WE JUST SPEND A LOT OF TIME TOGETHER OK!? Anyways, this year because she turned 18 we decided to get matching tattoos. It's a pinky promise and it basically means that we'll always be there for each other no matter what - like an unbreakable bond. She didn't even flinch, I was so proud!



I hope you enjoyed a little look back at the past year of my life! Feel free to comment your favourite memories from 2016 because it's always nice to think about the positives in amongst all the shit that happened on a more wider scale. 

xoxo Kayleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams