Latest pins
Thursday, 24 March 2016

Liquid Lips Under £15





With Kylie Jenner, Kat Von D & Anastasia Beverly Hills all bringing out velvety matte liquid lip products it's no wonder that they're starting to pop up all over social media, but with these beautifully matte colours comes a hefty price tag - So, with that in mind I made it my mission to go on the hunt for affordable liquid lips. Here's what I found!... 


Lime Crime, The Velvetines - £13.79-£11.03
Comfort/Dryness: These are by far my favourite liquid lips. They're comfortable to wear all day and the selection of colours is incredible! I do find that these lipsticks can be quite dry, but this really helps it to stay in place all day, and allows for a complete dry matte finish. This is the perfect liquid lipstick in my books!
Durability: This lipstick stays on for hours! Sometimes I do find myself picking at my lips if I've had it on all day and it's starting to feel extra dry, but otherwise these lipsticks are sure to stay put all day, whatever you're doing! 

Keep in mind, this brand is American so you will have to pay shipping, although sometimes they do offer FREE worldwide shipping, so keep an eye out! Yes these lipsticks are at the higher end of the price range, but they're deffo worth the splurge!

Sleek, Matte Me Lipstick - £4.99
Comfort/Dryness: Overall I think this brand of liquid lip is comfortable, it's not too dry and doesn't make me want to constantly lick my lips - always a plus! However, I do find that these lipsticks never quite dry, they always feel a bit dry yet tacky. Personally this doesn't bother me too much... but for some people, this will drive you insane! I did notice a difference in the comfort of two different colours, with the darker one being a little more drying and irritating.
Durability: This stayed put for a few hours, both the darker and lighter colour seemed to have the same amount of durability, however, a touch up after eating was deffo needed! 

MUA, Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer - £3.00
Comfort/Dryness: I found this to be one of the more comfortable lipsticks. I love the ease of the applicator, it was very easy to use for someone who struggles colouring inside the lines!! I would recommend using a lip balm underneath this as it can be quite drying depending on the state of your lips (mine are always chapped!). For the price, I think this is an exceptionally comfortable liquid lip. 
Durability: I had high hopes for this, I really did. However, after a few bites of food this lipstick was about ready to jump straight off my lips. I don't know if the colour of this lipstick (dark purple) made it any less durable than other colours in the range, but from my experience, I wouldn't feel safe in this lip product - I'd be too worried that it had all come off. 

Revolution, Salvation Velvet Lacquer - £3.00
Comfort/Dryness: For the price, this is a very comfortable lip. Again, it wasn't too dry, but it definitely didn't feel tacky - I felt very secure wearing it without the worry of smudge drama!
Durability: The stay power of this lipstick is disappointing, I had this lipstick on for about 2 hours at a house party and by the time I went to the loo to do the ritual wee and snapchat, the lipstick was almost all off! Now, I understand that it had endured a lot of straw to lips action, but I want a liquid lip that I can count on!

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Gloss Matte, £6.99
Comfort/Dryness: Again, like the Sleek lipsticks, it seems that this product never quite dries fully, there always seems to be a little bit of a sheen to it and when you drinking wine or a cheeky cocktail, your glass will be left with a wonderfully pigmented lip impression. Having said that, it's very comfortable to wear and easy to apply. It's got quite a thick consistency so I like to apply this product with a lip brush, just to keep things neat and tidy. 
Durability: When eating and drinking, I find that this product tends to fade from the center outwards and can sometimes smudge a little at the corner of your mouth. I'm not sure if this is because the colour (red) is so pigmented, or because the product never seems to dry completely, but I wouldn't say this was such a big deal - a quick trip to the ladies will solve this problem in seconds!


We'd love to hear your suggestions?! Are there any liquid lipsticks that you've been loving? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams