Latest pins
Monday, 7 September 2015

3 important things I've learnt since turning 20




Okay so I’ve only been 20 years old for 3 weeks and 2 days but I feel like something in me has changed. I don’t know if I’m making an unconscious effort or if it’s because I feel more like an adult now that I’m no longer a teenager but I’ve learned some important things in this short time.

1-      Stop worrying over insignificant things.
I am the absolute worst for getting all worked up over the tiniest things like losing something or someone not replying to my text messages straight away but I’ve realised that these things don’t matter. Young adults have so much pressure and stress put on them about what they want to do for the rest of their lives, it’s literally a waste of time and energy to worry about insignificant things that will play no role in the rest of your life. Just let it go.

2-      Stop trying to explain yourself.
One of the most annoying things is when people are constantly asking you “why are you doing that?” or “why are you like that?” The fact is, I’m an adult and I don’t have to explain myself. If I want to do something or be a certain way then I will because I want to. I don’t need any other reason than BECAUSE I WANT TO.


3-      You don’t always have to know what’s going to happen next.
Like I said before, as young adults we’re under an immense amount of pressure to prepare for the rest of our lives. I started university 2 years ago and I had absolutely no clue what I wanted to get out of it (other than a decent degree, obviously). Myself and Abby have spent so many hours worrying and stressing about what’s going to happen when we finish university, but the fact is no-one knows what’s going to happen. You can spend years working towards your dream job, get the job and realise that you hate it. I don’t even know what I’m going to have for dinner tomorrow, let alone what I’m going to be doing 5 or 10 years from now. You just have to take things as they come.

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading this!
    Charlotte // charbeautypicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams