Latest pins
Tuesday, 21 July 2015

First Impression: St Tropez Self Tan Luxe Dry Oil

Recently I've been feeling a little left out of the holiday club... every time I go on Instagram, Facebook or Snapchat there's always people posting pictures of their holidays in Greece, Spain, America.. oh the list goes on! Don't get me wrong, i'd be doing the exact same thing if i were staying in any of these amazing places, but I am not. I therefore reserve the right to be a little miffed and so I thought it would be a good idea to purchase some kind of tanning product to give myself a little (not so natural) glow. 

Now, I usually hate the thought and idea of a spray tan or any kind of self-tanning implement because I have the worst fear of it becoming some kind of orange streaky mess, so I've always stayed away. However, when I went into boots the other day I saw that all St Tropez products were on offer and as a well credited brand I thought I'd give the oil a go. After using this product for around 2 weeks I now feel confident enough to report back to you guys with my honest opinion...



It's amazing!!!! Yes I might be getting a little too excited about this, but I have no holiday to be excited about so this is the next best thing! 

Pros?
  • It's easy to apply.
  • The colour of the oil on first application allows you to see exactly where you have/haven't applied it before it dries to a lighter more golden tone. This allows for a more even coverage.
  • It's buildable. 
  • It smells like hand wipes.
  • The packaging is beautiful! It looks so sleek and sophisticated.
  • It dries in seconds!
Cons?
  • There are small bits of gold glitter in the oil (these aren't very noticeable once applied). 
  • If you don't rub it in properly you will be left with a stain.
  • The price (when it's not on offer)
I would 100% say that the pro's of this product outweigh the con's. I can't tell you how many times people have told me I look very 'brown' and it feels amazing! So, if any of you, like me, are not going abroad this year don't feel too down about it because St Tropez have got our backs! My praises for this product could not be any higher. 

I'd love to hear if any of you have tried/want to try this product! I always find that what works for one person completely disagrees with another so I'd love to hear about your experiences with this oil! :)

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this but my mum bought it a few weeks ago so I may have to 'borrow' it! Sounds good!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great, I've never thought to use a tanning oil.
    --
    prettymadthings.blogspot.co.uk // x

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams