Latest pins
Monday, 29 June 2015

Glasto round up






So as many of you know, one of the biggest music events in the entire world took place this past weekend. A place where you can go and see legends like Lionel Richie, Patti Smith, The Who and Paul Weller – to name but a few!
Every single year I curse myself for failing to get tickets and promise myself I will next time – but what can a broke sister do?! Anyways, seeing as it’s such a big event and it combines everything I love in to one muddy, exciting package I thought that I would do a little round up of the weekend’s events and share with you some of my favourite acts and fashion from the days past.


THE MUSIC
Okay, the first thing I have to discuss is the artist that has caused perhaps the most controversy EVER leading up to his headlining slot on Saturday – Kanye West. Now I’m actually a huge Kanye fan anyway so maybe I’m a tiny bit biased, but I thought he came out on the stage and just completely smashed it. I was actually watching it with my sister at the time, who is in no means a fan of Kanye whatsoever, and she just kept saying “oh I actually like this one”. I don’t think people really realised how many good songs he’s actually had. The way he takes older songs and remixes them to make them his own (with the likes of Stronger, Touch the sky etc.) came across really well in front of a huge crowd because it meant that a lot of people could at least recognise and enjoy the tunes if nothing else.


Another reason why Glastonbury is such an amazing event is because it really showcases a lot of new, amazing talent that you may not hear about otherwise. It’s a great way to discover new music and this weekend I discovered Alabama Shakes. I know I’m actually a tad late to catch the train with this one because I have heard a lot about them in the past, but I've never really sat and truly listened to them before, so when I caught them on BBC3 on Friday I thought that I would check them out properly. If you've never heard of them before, their music is American style Rock with a hint of blues and they are MARVELLOUS. They’re whole style screams retro with inspiration from 50s, 60s and 70s rock but there is something so refreshing about them that makes them feel fresh & modern. If you are interested in checking them out you can here (I promise they’re really good despite my awful description).

Finally, I could not publish this post without discussing Prides. Anyone who knows me
personally is aware that I talk about this band all the time so I was so excited to see that the BBC actually have their full set online. I actually just watched the whole thing this very morning before writing this! I was kind of nervous before watching it, in the sense that because I’m a huge fan I didn’t want to discover that they were disappointing when it came to performing live- but it turns out my worries were all for nothing. Their electro-pop style is perfect for a mid-day dance party! They were loud and energetic and their upbeat, chant-y songs are perfect for a live performance. Only one downside though, I WISH I WAS THERE!


THE FASHION
Every single year the fashion at Glastonbury knocks it out of the park, but this year these 3 fashion icons were my headliners. All 3 perfectly embody the effortlessly cool look that sums up Glastonbury to a T. 


Aaand that's it for another year folks! Feel free to comment what you enjoyed/didn't enjoy about this year's Glastonbury festival. Who were your favourite artists this year?
(Pictures sourced from http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e84mxj)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams