Latest pins
Friday, 1 May 2015

APRIL FAVOURITES



 It's that time of the month again, how fast has April gone?! We've chucked together a few of our favourite products from the past month to share with you. We hope you enjoy! Feel free to leave any of your favourites or opinions in the comments, we love to hear from you guys!

Make-up:




Prep + Prime Fix + - £15.50
We were actually recommended this by Michelle Visage because she told us that this is what she uses to make her make up stay on. Obviously after being given make up tips by MICHELLE VISAGE, you do exactly what she says and aren't we glad we did! This finishing spray just generally works like a hairspray for the face (but doesn't leave your face feeling crispy, obviously). It locks your make up right in and keeps it looking fresh all day, which is definitely ideal. A little bit goes a long way too so it's definitely worth the money! Thank you Queen Michelle Visage, we love you!

Prep + Prime transparent finishing powder - £20.50
This has become my holy grail powder. I will 110% vouch for the fact that this product does at it says on the label, it provides a beautiful silky finish over any foundation and helps minimise the appearance of pours. As soon as this powder touches my skin I can see an instant difference which I love! One thing that I have always struggled with is powder setting in the fine lines under my eyes & this is the first powder I've found that doesn't... which is really saying something! This powder comes in one universal colour & so is suitable for all skin tones. I must admit that I was a little shocked at the size of the pot for the price, but the powder inside makes up for this ten fold! 

Isabel and Ruben Toledo blush Ombre - £25.00
This is the second blusher I have ever purchased, so I don't know if I can really come on here and brag about how amazing this product is because I'm not yet sure what does and doesn't make a good blush & have nothing to compare this with, but I love it. The appearance of this ombre blush is what first attracted me, I'd been looking for weeks for a new blush & just didn't know what I wanted, but as soon I set my eyes on this I just knew! (god, it's like a cheesy love story). I really like this blush as the ombre effect allows for a more intense or subtle look which is great depending on the look I'm going for. The texture of this powder is really soft and pigmented which is always a plus!

Tea Tree Pore Minimiser - £7.50
So I had a little panic not too long ago when I was putting on some finishing powder and I realised that my foundation had set right in to my pores, not a good look! This then led me to become concerned about how very visible my pores had become, so I was desperate to find something that would make me feel better about it. When we went in to the bodyshop it was so easy to find the collection that targeted pores so I decided to get this and I'm so glad I did. I use this every single day before I put on make up and after moisturiser, just like you would a primer and it makes a serious difference. It makes pores appear smaller and makes make up go on so much smoother. I would definitely recommend this (as well as the tea tree face wash from the same collection) if you have oily skin because it's really good at balancing out the skin and keeping make up on for longer.

Revlon Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminator - £11.99
I have wanted the NARS Copacabana highlighter for goodness knows how long but I was worried that I would regret buying it so decided to get a, kind of, dupe. This is literally perfect for a highlight. I just squeeze a pea sized amount on to the tip of my index finger and blot it on to the highest point of my cheekbone and it looks ahmazing (no brush needed). It's not so obvious that it immediately draws your attention but I like that it's subtle and not too over the top, plus it looks amazing in the light! I would definitely recommend trying this first if you're unsure about buying a more expensive one.

Make-up Removal:





Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter - £12.00
This has fast become my favourite make-up removal product. In case you haven't heard of this before, it's a butter textured cleanser that removes make up with the help of a muslin cloth/flannel. The consistency and texture of this cleansing butter makes removing make-up something to look forward to! This can be used to remove all make-up, including eyes, but I prefer to remove all my eye make up first, not because this won't do the job, but because otherwise it means smudging mascara all over my cheeks. A little of this product goes a long way which is good as normally £12 on a make-up removal product would be a big no no for me & my student adjusted mind. If you're wanting to try something new I would 100% recommend this to anyone, however if a butter cleanser isn't up your ally try the camomile cleansing oil, I also have this and rate both these products on the same level. 

Fragrance:



Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb - £50-£96
I first smelt this on Manila Luzon and it was amaaazing! I'm definitely not usually one to spend obscene amounts of money on perfume but I could NOT stop thinking about how gorgeous she smelt, so I just had to get it! The only way I can describe this is if you imagine lying on the grass in the middle of a beautiful flower garden with the sun beating down and a cocktail in your hand... yup that's exactly what it smells like.


Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Floral Drops - £44-£66
I'm a huge fan of all D&G fragrances and this is one of my favourites. After buying this for my birthday in March I have literally worn it everyday, I just can't get enough! It's definitely a great spring/summer fragrance with it's floral based scent (white flowers, with a heart of White Amaryllis). I find fragrances the hardest things to describe so all I can say is have a little smell of this beauty next time you're in Boots or Debenhams :) 

Homeware:



Pineapple Candle - £2.00
'Love' Pillow - £4.00
Stripped Pillow - £4.00

I've recently become a bit obsessed with homeware and I'm not entirely sure why. Unfortunately, my funds aren't as endless as I'd like them to be so I can't just go in to House Of Fraser and spend £60 on a blanket... Fortunately, Primark's homeware is on it right now! I absolutely love these pillows, they're so versatile and for £4 you can't really complain!

3 comments:

  1. That cleansing butter looks really interesting, I need a good eye makeup remover, is this also safe for eyes?

    Emma

    theemmalouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't recommended it solely for the eyes as it's more of an all over type remover, but it does work to remove eye make-up, you might just need a little extra of something else after... If not the body shop do more eye make-up remover in the same range:
      Waterproof eye make-up remover (http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/shop-by-range/camomile/camomile-waterproof-eye-lip-make-up-remover.aspx) I have this one and it's really good! They also do a more creamy remover (http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/shop-by-range/camomile/camomile-gentle-eye-make-up-remover.aspx) if you like a thicker consistency- hope that helps :)

      Delete
  2. Great post! :)

    I really like these fragrances, especially that one from D&G!

    Nikoleta, xoxo.

    http://nljuljduraj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams