Latest pins
Monday, 2 February 2015

January Favourites!

Can you believe January is over already? Christmas only feels like yesterday! It's that time of the month again.. no, not that one!... where it's time to pull out and share all our favourite products! We hope you enjoy and can't wait to read everyone else's! :) 


Face



Pure Melt Cleansing Gel, Clarins.
Having seen 'The Ugly Face of Beauty' (youtube channel) talk about this in her favourites last year I really wanted to try this... I'm very lazy when it comes to taking my makeup off, I don't like too many products.. I'm not the kind of girl who has a tonner, a cleanser, a day and night moisturiser, a separate eye moisturiser etc... so when I heard about this I thought it would be perfect for me! I love the consistency of this gel and it makes my skin feel so amazingly soft after use. I take my eye makeup off before using this as I find it doesn't do such a great job on mascara, but it works wonders for everything else.

Double Wear Foundation, Estee Lauder.
When I was getting colour matched for this foundation the lady told me that once I start using this foundation I will never want to change, and I can quite honestly say that this is true. Before buying this foundation I was using MAC's match master... and I must say that after having tried the double wear I will never be going back! This foundation always makes my skin look so flawless and as for the stay power.. it's excellent! Another thing that I was pleased about was the actual colour match itself, I have been matched to two different MAC foundations and both times these have been too dark. However, this is the first time I have tried an Estee Lauder product and they got it right instantly! The one downside to it is the fact that there is no pump and so I have to use a makeup brush to get the foundation out and onto the back of my hand. However, after having used this for just over a month it doesn't really bother me anymore, the foundation itself makes up for the lack of pump! I would 100% recommend this to anyone who is looking to try something new :)

Stroke of Light Eye Brightener, BareMinerals.
I had some problems getting hold of this product... After having tried my mums one I instantly fell in love and decided that I needed it in my life. So off I went, bought it, got all excited to use it and much to my disappointment I pulled it out the bag and they had given me the complete opposite colour of what I has asked for. So a few days later I went back to change it only to find that they were out of stock! I was so close to giving up and falling to my knees in despair.. then I realised that I was being a big baby and decided to take the more mature route! Anyways, I ordered it offline and when it eventually came I completely forgot about all the problems I had. As you know I love to highlight and this has fast become one of my favourite eye brighteners. The wand is perfect for application and a little definitely foes a long way :) I find it's a lot easier to build this, as with most under eye brighteners applying a lot first hand can make the skin and make up look cakey. 


Healthy Mix Foundation, Bourjois.
This foundation was one of the ones that, I found, was mentioned most frequently in loads of 2014 favourites videos on YouTube - so I decided to try it and, lone behold, I fell in love with it like so many have before me. 
It feels so nice on the skin because it just literally feels 'healthy'. It's got Apricot, Melon and Apple in it which gives the skin a natural radiance while also hydrating the skin. I find that it makes my skin look nice and dewy which gives off an all round natural/healthy look. Not to mention it smells amaaaazing!



Sleek Make Up Luminaire Highlighting Concealer.
Now this favourite is a good example of how some products work for some people and not for others because I actually got this from Abby as she didn't get on with  it at all. It is quite thick for a concealer, which a lot of people don't like, but I find that it is ideal for highlighting on the forehead and chin. Abby found that it was really cakey on her skin but it wasn't so bad on mine. I wouldn't use it all the time because it is so thick it's probably not great for the skin, but for nights out and things like that, I find that it's a good highlight.



Eyes



Ultimate Eye shadow Collection, Makeup Revolution.
If I was only allowed one eye shadow palette for the rest of my life, this would definitely be it. The shades are so pigmented and for the price of just £10 there's so many colours in different shades and tones. I use this palette everyday and I have nothing bad to say about it at all. The only downside to it is the size, it's not very travel friendly! If I go home for the weekend I find myself having to put this in its own bag, but for the sheer amount of colours and the opportunity of so many different looks it's totally worth carrying an extra bag around!

The Falsies Volume Express, Maybelline.
I didn't go out with the intention  to buy this but when I was in superdrug it was 2 for £10 across maybelline products and so I whacked this in my basket and I am so glad! This mascara is so amazing at adding length and curve to my otherwise flat and non-existent eyelashes. The only problem I have is that I got the waterproof one as there weren't any others, and sometimes when I'm applying it I get it on my eyelids.. which would normally be fine, but with this formula it won't come off with a bit of water on cotton wool bud, so I have to go heavy duty with the eye makeup remover which then removes my eyeshadow! It's a horrific cycle!! But with time I'm getting better with my technique and I will deffo be re-purchasing this :)

Smoulder Kohl, Soap & Glory.
I have the worst trouble with kohl eye liner, they either come off straight away or leave smudges under my eyes. However, this eye liner has quite literally changed my life... It just doesn't budge. This could be due to the waterproof formula, but whatever it is I just love it and can't get enough! 


Mac Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Brun.
I was actually introduced to this by Abby because she has used it to do her eyebrows for a while, whilst I was still using an eyebrow pencil but was looking for something a bit more natural-looking. It is absolutely ideal for eyebrows because it makes them so much more natural looking than a pencil and it is the perfect colour for my eyebrows (I have really dark brown, almost black eyebrows). It's so easy to apply as well, just using an angled eyeshadow brush (I use this Duo Eyeshadow Brush by Revlon). It's also so much easier to build an arch by doing your eyebrows this way so I would definitely recommend it!

Lips



Exaggerate Lip Liner, Rimmel London.
This is my everyday go to lip liner. It doesn't dry my lips out and is perfect to wear alone or pair with any pink or nude toned lipstick! This will always be one of my favourite lip products.


Snob, Mac.
I absolutely love this colour, its so so beautiful. I wear this almost daily and it gives enough colour to add a little extra to your makeup without going for some neon crazy shit! :D I pair this with the lip liner also shown in the picture and I find it gives a really pretty and girly touch. If you don't like lipstick that is too bold then I would recommend this in a heartbeat. 

Innocent, Lips Topshop.
This is the perfect dupe for Mac's snob! There is a slight difference in tone and texture, but other than that this lipstick a few quid cheaper, has cute packaging and is pretty much identical! All I know is, i'd much rather take this one on a night out than my good old Mac in fear of misplacing it! :) 

Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick, Soap & Glory (In the colour Nudist).
I absolutely love this gloss! I find that when using a gloss with a wand it's easy to put too much on so your lips end up looking like they're just wet rather than glossy, but because this is a stick it's so much easier to apply. It gives a nice moisturised look to your lips and also makes them feel much more hydrated than a lot of glosses or lipsticks. Also this colour is literally the perfect nude because it barely looks like you're even wearing any colour. 



Nails



Fifth Avenue, China Glaze.
I first saw this nail polish when I was watching one of Nicole Guerriero's videos and I couldn't take my eyes off her nails! I don't know why I'm having such a love affair with pink tones at the moment, but this nail polish is just the most perfect colour. I haven't been able to find any other polish like it, it's such a beautiful darkish pink.... One word that comes to mind when I look at it is classy. I have literally been wearing this for 3 weeks straight which I never do! Normally I love to switch up my nails, but I think this is it for me... it's the one. 





Hair

Babyliss Curling Wand Pro.
This utensil is perfect for people who don't really want to take ages on their hair but want it to look nice (AKA, me). It is so so easy to use because you literally just wrap your hair around it and voilà, no need for any messing around!
It's also super easy to change the size of the curls you want just by sectioning your hair in to smaller or larger sections. I love using this to make small curls and then brushing them out to make a volumised crimp effect.
At only £25 it's definitely a good investment!



Other

Sex and the City, TV series.
Over the past 4 months we have watched all 6 series of Sex and the City and it became clear to us that we had quite the obsession. These girls fast became our best friends! Over Christmas we tweeted about our withdrawal symptoms and it was the first thing we watched when we were both re-united.
This is definitely a show that all girly girls should watch! It's filled with laughs, loves and life advice and acts as the perfect pick me up after a lonnng day! 





RuPaul's Drag Race.
We have literally watched 3 seasons of this in the past 3 weeks. It's so very addictive (so definitely don't start watching it when you've got shit to do). It is literally the fiercest TV show evaaah! The queens are so hilare and their wit is so on point. But on a serious note, it's actually nice to learn a bit more about different people because not many of us know very much about the drag community, and it's actually quite heart-warming to see the respect that these queens have for each other and their art (when they're not being bitchy mamas obvs).

Our Tattoos!

This month we both treated ourselves to a new tattoo! We both decided to get song lyrics, with Abby getting lyrics from a song she and her Mumma both love, and Kayleigh getting lyrics from a song that she and her Dad both love. They're both really meaningful and we are absolutely over the moon with them.



January disappointments


Naked 3 Palette, Urban Decay.
I cannot believe I am putting this as a disappointment. After having had the naked 1 palette for over a year I thought it was time I spread my wings and try something else... but much to my disappointment the naked 3 palette did not exceed my expectations. I love the matte shades, they're the perfect pink/perfect shades that I absolutely love at the moment. However, I found that the shimmery are not very pigmented and I find them to be quite powdery. Not only can I not use a brush to apply them because the colour pay off is so poor, but even when I use my finger to apply it it still doesn't work as well as it should! It's so frustrating because I love the naked 1 palette so so much. But I suppose the only good thing here is the double ended brush that came with it! I'm not saying that this palette is rubbish, because I do use some of the colours (for all I know it could just be my eyelids that are the problem!), but I certainly wouldn't recommend it to any of my friends. Naked 1 remains and will probably always be my favourite! 


We'd love to hear if you guys have tried any of these and what you think! :D
Also feel free to comment any posts you would like to see, i.e. make up tutorials, hair tutorials, whatever you want!



We wish you all a very happy February! :)

3 comments:

  1. Sex and the city is my go to box set, I can't get enough!! I can't believe that eye shadow is only £10 that's amazing, not sure if I'd ever wear the bright pink though!

    sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to start trying the soap and glory make up range. I've heard so much about it! Xxx

    fislittleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with my Naked palette. I recently bought Naked 2 and I must say I am not as impressed with the colours as I was with the Naked 1. However I still like it...
    Babyliss hair tools are the best. I have had my straighteners for ages and I love it so much!

    Love the tattoos by the way! They are lovely ;)

    my favourites are in this post, if you'd like to check them out ;) http://charlinehasablog.blogspot.com/2015/01/favourite-things-january.html

    Love, Charline x

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams