Latest pins
Wednesday, 7 January 2015

THE BRITISH TAG!

This to me is the most wonderful tag I have ever seen! I absolutely love being British! I love the cliché, stereotypical assumptions about Britain like that we drink tea all the time and we're all bezzas with the Queen (shout out to my home girl Liz). I love the British sense of humour and I love that we're known for having a 'stiff upper lip' and just getting shit done. If you're British we'd definitely recommend doing this tag because it's a lot of fun but if you're not, maybe you'll learn some things about Britain that you didn't already know! 










How many cups of tea do you have a day? How many sugars?

Kayleigh: This varies with my mood and the season, in Summer I don't drink tea too often but the past couple of weeks I've been having probably around 5 a day (at least I'm getting 5-a-day of something!). In terms of how I like it, a dash of milk and no sugar, thank you.
Abby: Builders tea (no sugar) is the only way to go here ladies! It varies really, average I'd say 3 cups of tea. 

Favourite part of the roast?
Kayleigh: This is literally the hardest question I've ever had to answer! I'm such a sucker for cauliflower/broccoli and cheese sauce!
Abby: Oh that's easy.. hands down it's got to be stuffing. 

Favourite dunking biscuit?
Kayleigh: Chocolate hobnobs are delicious for dunking
Abby: McVities caramel all the way mate.

Favourite quintessentially British past-time?
Kayleigh: I love love love going to the pub for a bit of pub grub!
Abby: Fish and Chips.. without the fish, I like chicken nug nugs with mine.

Favourite British word?

Kayleigh: BOLLOCKS

Abby: Twat.. or bugger... or bloody. oh my, there's just too many!


Cockney rhyming slang?
Kayleigh: let's be honest, no-one really uses cockney rhyming slang so what about some cockney words that people do use courtesy of national treasure Danny Dyer (these must be said out loud): wodja kowl it - what you say when you can't remember the name of something
fink - ponder
mow tar - automobile/car
yooz lot - referring to a group of people
janarta meen - do you understand?

Abby: APPLE AND PEARS YEAAAAAAAAAAH. Cause unlike Kayleigh, I know where I came from. But...That's all I got.


Favourite British sweet?
Kayleigh: I love ye old pear drops (woulda said Cadburys chocolate but they sold out to the USA so it doesn't count any more)
Abby: Nothing beats a good old rhubarb & custard boiled sweet! :)


What would your pub be called?
Kayleigh: Probably something really typical like 'The Stags Head' 
Abby: The Old Codger

No. 1 British person?
Kayleigh: I'm saying Stephen Hawking because he's a bloody genius and he's so underrated these days! A lot of people don't even know that he's British for goodness sake!
Abby: The Queen, obviously. 

Favourite shop/ restaurant?
Kayleigh: Favourite shop is probably ASDA (the British version of Wallmart) because it has everything you'd ever want to buy and the prices are pretty darn good. Also, that would be my go to place should there ever be a zombie apocalypse!
Favourite restaurant- NaNaNaNaNandos

Abby: Fav shop would have to be either Boots or Superdrug, I could literally spend days in there without getting bored! I don't have a favourite restaurant, I love pub food.. well actually just food in general... so give me a pub and I'll be happy as Larry!

What's the first British song that pops into your head?
Kayleigh: The Beatles / Eleanor Rigby
Abby: Monty Python / Always look on the Brightside of Life

Marmite- love or hate?
Kayleigh: HATE HATE HATE, UGH
Abby: ew, that's gross.


We hope you enjoyed! Cheerio now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams