Latest pins
Friday, 2 January 2015

Make up, make up, make up!

So, I'm not pro when it comes to make up, a lot of the time I just like to stick with the same look because I feel a bit silly trying new and bold things. However, having received a few make up goodies for Christmas and some vouchers for Boots, I thought I would try and get a bit crazy and try some new things out! Please don't laugh, this if the first time I've done something like this & if they do look shit, please pretend otherwise because I'm probably in denial and think I look like some kind of super model! Just incase any of you want to know any of the products I used, I will be listing them with each look :)
So, here we go!

1)  Pink & Purple!


I wanted to try out my new makeup revolution 144 shade palette, but there's just so many colours and I didn't know what to do! In the end I based this look on the lip products I used, I love the pink/purple toned colours in these lip products and I quite like how this eye look turned out also! :) Please also excuse the state of my eyebrows in these, much too close for my liking, pictures!




(My lips are quite thin so this was the only way I could make them look fuller without looking at it at cringing! Oh how I wish I had lips like Angie's!)

Products?
There aren't all mine, I raided my mums makeup draws! :D
Eyes - Makeup Revolution 144 eyeshadow palette, BareMinerals: Lash Domination Mascara, Rimmel: Black Kohl Eyeliner, Eylure: Kimberly lashes.
Face - Bobbi Brown: Foundation Stick , MUA: Pro-Base Prime & Conceal Powder , Collection: Pressed Powder, Bare Minerals: Stroke of Light (Eye brightener), Benefit: Hoola Bronzer, MAC: Soft & Gentle (highlight). 
Lips - MAC lipliner: Magenta , MAC lipstick: Up The Amp , YSL lip stain: 1 Violet Edition. 
Brows - Maybelline: Brow Drama, MUA: Eyebrow pencil.


2) New Years Eve!

So I was supposed to be going out on New Years Eve, but unfortunately It's ended up as a night in with my mum & my friend! But that's ok, I feel like I'm getting too old for all those drunken antics.. I wanted to keep this look simple because the eyelashes I've used are quite something! I love a winged eyeliner & of course nothing goes better with that than a red lip! I added some gold shimmer to the eye to add a bit more dimension & of course you can never have enough glitter, shimmer or sparkles on NYE! 




Products?
Eyes - Makeup Revolution 144 eyeshadow palette, MAC: eyelashes, Rimmel: Scandaleyes Flex & Black Kohl Eyeliner, L'Oreal Paris: Super Liner.
Face - Max Factor: Pan Stik, Collection: Lasting Perfection Concealer, Benefit: Hoola Bronzer, Make Up Revolution: Baked Highlighter, MUA: Pro-Base Prime & Conceal Powder, Collection: Pressed Powder.
Lips - No7 Precision Lips Pencil, Rimmel: Lasting Finish Colour Rush.
Brows - MAC: Brow Set.

3) Green!

So I know there are certain colours that bring out specific eye colours and I wanted to give it a go! Turns out, green is the perfect colour for brown eyes :) This eye would look so perfect with a nude lip, maybe MAC's myth.. or just your favorite neutral colour.  I'm sorry I didn't do a whole face of makeup, I've got 2 essays to write both in for this month and so I only had time to do an eye!




Products?
Eyes - Makeup Revolution 144 eyeshadow palette, BareMinerals: Lash Domination Mascara, No7 Metallic Eye Pencil.


As I said before, I'm really no expert when it comes to make up, I just love messing around with it & wearing it! Thank you for reading, feel free to leave a comment if you like, maybe some suggestions of any other makeup looks? Or anywhere you think I could improve? :D 

Abby 



2 comments:

  1. Love your first look!
    Looks really good on you!

    xx

    Curvybird.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I don't think I could ever wear it out the house, not quite brave enough for that! But I had fun doing it :)) x

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams