Latest pins
Monday, 12 January 2015

12 Book Challenge





So we've decided to do the 12 book challenge! We don't actually know what this challenge entails but we've decided to challenge ourselves with 12 books over 12 weeks. I know that sounds like a lot of time, but we have uni and a lot of assignments due in so we don't have that much spare time! So, to summarise that's 6 books each over a 6 week period... wish us luck! :)


So here we go, book number one!...

A Season to Remember - Sheila O'Flanagan 



It's a christmas based book, and I know many people may not be keen on reading a crimbo book when it's officially over, but I just couldn't help myself. The book cover is very enticing and the blurb was vague enough to leave me intrigued. I finished this book in 3 days, and if it weren't for moving back to uni throughout one of these, I would have finished it much sooner. I literally couldn't put this book down! The story is all based at a hotel in which the book covers multiple stories, with a new chapter introducing new characters staying at the hotel. Each character has a unique background and story and that's what makes the book so interesting. It really is a good read, and keeps you wanting more the whole way through. I was very sad when I finished the last page because I simply didn't want it to end! 

I would recommend this book to you if you like a book with a bit of romance, family drama, friendships and a hint of surprise. I find that Sheila O'Flanagan always finds a unique way to make her typical chick lit book into something more, with a twist or surprise, hence why I love her books so much. There's no other author quite like her!

If any of you have read this book I'd love to hear what you thought of it? Or perhaps you have suggestions based on this book? We love reading all your comments so please feel free to plonk one down below! :)


Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. I did something similar. On my 28th Birthday I set myself the goal of reading 100 books before I turn 30. It worked out at a book a week, which seemed totally doable...
    In 3 months I'll be 29, and I've read 10 books so far!! So I've still got A LOT to do, haha.
    But you'll be doing two a week, wowser I'll defo be checking up to see how you get on :)
    I wish you loads of luck and hope you smash it.
    x tink x
    allabouttink.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have got a lot of reading to do, but it's still doable!
    We realised that perhaps this was an unrealistic goal and so we've changed it to 12 weeks! That's still 1 book a week, hopefully we'll do it! Fingers crossed! :))

    Abby x

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams