Latest pins
Thursday, 4 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY 3: SKINCARE FOR WINTER!


On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me... 
A GOOD SKINCARE ROUTINE!



Hi guys, sorry it's late (we're literally the worst at time keeping!) but here's a list of our favourite skin care for Winter to keep your skin looking and feeling hydrated during the nippy weather!


1) Nivea - Soft Moisturising Cream - Tesco £2.63 (300ml)
I got this little (25ml) Nivea moisturiser in a travel pack from Primark this summer thinking I would just leave behind the things I don't finish. However, after using this for the first time I just couldn't leave it behind! It is quite a heavy moisturiser, I find that I have to leave it to soak into the skin for a good 10-15 minutes before I can apply my make-up and I probably wouldn't use this product in the hot summer months but in winter this is the perfect moisturiser for me. It smells amazing, drenches my skin with hydration and leaves my skin feeling so soft and smooth.


2) Nivea - Daily Essentials, Soothing Cleansing Mousse - Tesco £2.25
I picked this product up a few weeks ago from Tesco as it was only £2.25 and thought it was about time I tried something new. The first thing that I have to talk about this cleansing mousse is that the smell is heavenly, I literally cannot wait to wash my face in the evenings! Although it appears as a liquid, once it's pumped through it comes out into your hand as a foam. I did have doubts about this, however I was very surprised, and still am, at how well this product works.  I wouldn't rely on it to remove my eye make-up, but as a facial cleanser it removes all my base make-up with only 3-4 pumps. I chose to buy the mousse for dry & sensitive skin, but Nivea also do this mousse for those with normal to combination skin. I will deffo be going back to buy more soon!


3) Nivea - Daily Essentials, Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover - £1.50
Again, this was another bargain I picked up in Tesco the other day for just £1.50! I like to use this product after using the cleansing mousse as it softens up any mascara that I have worn that day. I tend to cover the centre of a cotton wool pad with the remover and gently wipe over my both eyes, I know I should probably use two for hygienic reasons, but I can be quite lazy when it comes to eye makeup... As long as the majority is off I'm a happy bunny! However, this definitely does the job perfectly. One thing I would say is that it is quite an oily product, but in the winter months I like that, it makes my skin feel hydrated and smooth.

If anything these products have taught me to go down the skincare isle in supermarkets more often!! 


4) St. Ives - Apricot Scrub, Blemish Fighting - Boots £4.29
I have been using this scrub for a few years as I get the odd blemish here and there and love the way it make my skin feel so clean, fresh and smooth after use.  I like using this, especially in the winter months, as my skin becomes quite dry in certain areas and I find that using this every morning before my make up application allows for a much more flawless finish.  However, sometimes I do find that using this everyday can be a bit tough on the skin and so I like to switch it up and use the 'Renew and Firm' St. Ives Apricot Scrub as this is much more gentle on the skin, yet still allows for a light exfoliation. St. Ives really accommodate to all skin types and so when you're next in Boots or Superdrug I would definitely recommend checking their products out! :)


5) Nivea - Essential Care, Lip Balm - Tesco £1
I have constant dry lips all year round and so have tired a lot of lip balms in my time! However, after trying this lip balm it's the only one that I religiously re-purchase. I always apply it before lipstick application as it allows for a very smooth application and finish, but of course, I apply it throughout the day as well to keep my lips locked with moisture! I would also like to say how amazing the Elizabeth Arden Lip Protectant Stick is, but unfortunately it's not in my price range these days :( And so, the Nivea lip balm is the closet dupe I have found & am extremely happy with the results it gives! 


6. Garnier Pure 3-in-1 Wash Scrub & Mask 150ml, £5.99 – Boots

Prior to using this, I was hooked on the St. Ives face scrub and was convinced that nothing would ever live up to it. However, when I saw how cheap this one was, I thought that I would give it a go just to see what it was like… and I LOVED it!
The fact that it works as not only a face wash and a face scrub, but also a mask makes it tremendously worth the money! 
I wash my face with this every day, paying particular attention to my T-Zone (where my skin is prone to breakouts) and it makes my face feel so fresh afterwards. I love facial scrubs that make my T-zone (particularly around my nose area) sort of pang after using it so that it actually FEELS like it’s cleaning out my pores and this does exactly that, it makes your face feel like it’s actually clean and that all the impurities have been dug out (which is always good). I’ve also noticed a slight difference in my complexion, making my skin seem almost brighter after use.
I would definitely recommend this if you have oily or combination skin! 



7. B. Clean Melting Gel Cleanser, £6.99 – Superdrug
I had heard such good things about the Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel and wanted to try that but decided it would be clever to find a cheaper one just to make sure that I liked the feel of it before spending more money! This definitely didn’t let me down! 
I absolutely love how this makes my skin feel after I’ve used it. 
The formula comes out as a gel (just like it says on the bottle) but as you rub it in to your skin it begins to melt (also like it says on the bottle) so you don’t need very much to cover the whole face. The formula is soft on the skin and gentle enough to remove eye make-up. It doesn’t cause any redness or heating of the skin and afterwards makes my skin feel so silky that sometimes I don’t even need moisturiser! 
The only thing I would say is that sometimes I find that I have to use face wipes to take the rest of my eye make-up off because it doesn’t remove all of my mascara, but other than that it’s great value for money compared to some other Gel Cleansers out there.



8. T-Zone Face Pore Strips, £5.05 – Superdrug
As I said previously, I love when you can feel cleansers and scrubs lifting out the impurities from your skin, leaving it feeling fresh and clean. This is another product that does exactly that!
All you have to do is wet the skin that you want to put the strip on (I choose my nose), put the strip on, wait until it’s gone hard and then peel off. It works exactly like a peel face mask and has the same effect as one too. I find that after using this, it feels like the skin around my nose can BREATHE and I can immediately notice a difference specifically where I previously had blackheads.  


We hope you like our favourite winter skincare items! We'd love to hear what products you use during the Winter season!
A & K x


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing, I definitely want to try out some of these!

    Jade x
    jadethejourno.blogspot.co.uk ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need a new skincare routine! This British weather just dries up my skin! I will try some of these out.

    laurajane0994.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams