Latest pins
Sunday, 16 November 2014

Recommended Reads ☺




Just a few recommended reads for those rainy autumn days ☂



Beautiful Disaster - Jamie McGuire
This is my favourite book of all time. It's your typical 'Bad Boy' meets 'Shy Girl' book and it's just the bestest thing in the whole world. It's not your typical romance story, there are a few twists and turns along the way, expect to get frustrated, excited, angry.. the list goes on! You literally will not be able to put this book down. I've read this book about 5 times and would happily pick it tomorrow and read it again. I would recommend this book to anyone who has read and loved 'Undeniable' by Madeline Sheehan or any of the Reapers MC series by Joanna Wydle.
The sequel to this book is called 'Walking Disaster' and is written from Travis' perspective, it's exactly the same story but from the other viewpoint. I thought that it would be boring as I had already read 'Beautiful Disaster' so many times, but it was refreshing to understand the story from another perspective.

Bad Behaviour - Shelia O'Flanagan
Shelia O'Flanagan had fast become my favourite author. After reading his book I ordered another 5 of her books and have loved every single word. Most of them are based in Ireland (Her home) and include very strong female leads, a lot of romance, heartbreak and of course a happy ending :D 
This book remains one of my favourites... you'll find yourself rooting for certain characters and hating others. I won't give much a way, but the main story line revolves around 2 best friends who fall out because one steals the others boyfriend. I know what you're thinking, it sounds like a typical chick lit story line, but give it a chance, it spans over many years and you really begin to relate with the charatcters. A must read!
If you've already read this or fancy trying some other books by Shelia O'Flanagan then I would reccomend 'Better Together', 'Dreaming of a Stranger' and 'My Favourite Goodbye'.

Sister - Rosamund Lupton
I don't usually read books in the 'Thriller' genre, but my mum kept telling me that I needed to move away from my usual chick lit and try new things and so I found this. 
To cut a long, but very good, story short this book is about 2 sisters, one goes missing and the other sister works towards finding out what happens. It's tense, gripping and keeps you guessing the whole way through. If you're looking to try something different I would definitely give this book a go.    

-A-


The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
This has got to be my favourite book that I've ever read! If any of you have ever seen the film and weren't too sure about it, I would 100% still suggest giving the book a read because it's so much better!
To be honest, it does take a lot of patience because there is a lot of jumping around and things aren't  really explained chronologically, but if you can get passed that it's an amazing book!
Based mainly in Chicago it follows the relationship between a woman named Kate and a man (that can time travel) named Henry from when Kate was a young child. Through accounts from both Kate and Henry we are able to understand both view points of the relationship and I think it allows for a deeper insight in to their life together.
This book really has got everything you'd ever want in a storyline: deaths, births, love, family relationships etc. I've read it probably around 7 times and it never gets old!

Not That Kind of Girl - Lena Dunham
This book is different to the rest that we have already mentioned as it's more of an autobiography.
Lena Dunham, is the writer/director/star of the HBO hit show 'Girls', but  much more than this (as is shown in this book) she's a strong woman that pioneers all things good like gay rights and feminism.
If you've not heard of her, don't let that put you off! Merely think of this book as a collection of hilarious, thought-provoking and touching memories from a young woman's life. It's filled with life advice that any woman can use as well as embarrassing stories that will make you feel that little bit better about yourself.

-K-


Are there any books that you guys have read and enjoyed? Please let us know! We love reading new books :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams