Latest pins
Saturday, 15 November 2014

EVERY DAY MAKE-UP FAVOURITES

Here's just a few of our every day make up favourites, hope you enjoy! ☺

Abby's Favourites ♥

MAC 'Soft and Gentle' Mineralise Skin Finish - £23 (left) & Revolution 'Peach Lights' Vivid Baked Highlighter - £3.

I cannot express enough my love for highlighters, they are just the one! My all time favourite highlighter is MAC's 'Soft and Gentle', it provides a beautiful, yet natural, shimmer to the cheekbones... Words really cannot describe how exquisite this product is. Although I don't use it everyday, I always use it when I feel like I need a pick me up, it makes me feel confident and I just love how it sculpts the face! Although it's quite pricey, it's worth every penny and will last a life time. A good dupe for this product, at more than half the price, is Revolutions 'Peach Lights'. Although this highlighter has a slightly more pink toned base, it does the job nicely. One thing I must say about both these products is that a little definitely goes a long way. 

MAC                                                            
Quality - 10/10
Price - 5/10
Durability - 10/10
Personal Score - 10/10
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Revolution
Quality - 6/10
Price - 10/10
Durability - 9/10
Personal Score - 8/10


Benefit 'They're Real!' Mascara, Boots - £17.55

This mascara is incredible. I wear it everyday, even if I'm just popping to the shops, going shopping, going out for dinner, or going out out with the ladies... it's my life saver. Although one coat would easily do the job, I like to wear about 2-3 to achieve quite a clumpy, false looking effect which I know some people can't stand, but I just love it. This mascara adds both length and volume to eyelashes and I've often been asked what mascara I'm wearing and sometimes even if I'm wearing falsies! The only down side, I've heard people complain about, is about how difficult it is to remove this product from the eyelashes themselves, however, I find that any micellar water works a treat. The price is a bit off putting, but it last about 6 months, even when applying it sometimes twice a day. A must have for every lady out there ☺

Benefit 
Quality - 10/10
Price - 7/10
Durability - 8/10
Personal Score - 10/10



Rimmel London 'Eastend Snob' Exaggerate Lip Liner, Boots - £3.99

The colour of this lip liner is so so quiche (If you don't know what that means, please refer to J'aime). It's the perfect colour for everyday use as it's a lovley subtle pink, not too dark and not too pale, it's just right. I like to apply a lip balm prior to using this product as I find it can be quite drying to the lips, also I find that after a few hours of uni the colour starts to wear off, but that's expected after a few hours of stressful pen chewing! Other than that, it really is a flawless product.  Definitely give it a go if you're loving Kylie Jenner's lip colour as much as we are. It's not quite a dupe but it's close enough. 

Rimmel
Quality - 10/10
Price - 10/10
Durability - 5/10
Personal Score - 10/10



MAC 'Faux' Lipstick - £15.50

This is my go to lipstick. I love wearing it with Rimmel's  'Eastend Snob' lip liner (above), it's the perfect combo. One thing I love about this product is the smell, it smells of chocolate and cake and biscuits and all things yummy.. It's hard not to take a bite when putting it on, not gunna lie!! :D This is a good liptsick for a natural look, but can also be dressed up with a heavy smoked out eye. This product can be used to create many versatile looks and I would definitely recommend to anyone. 

MAC
Quality - 10/10
Price - 5.5/10
Durability - 7/10
Personal Score - 9/10

L'Oreal 'Black Lacquer' Super Liner, Superdrug - £6.49.

I've had this product for approx. 5 months now, and with it's 6 month shelf life, I can honestly say that it will last longer than that... it hasn't dried up & still applies exactly the same as it did on the first day I used it. I like a heavy winged liner on a night out and this is the perfect eyeliner for it. I have tried quite a few different liners and this is by far one of the best I have used. It's allows for easy application, doesn't smudge and can be easily rubbed out with a cotton wool bud if mistakes are made during application.

L'Oreal
Quality - 10/10
Price - 8/10
Durability - 10/10
Personal Score - 9/10

Kayleigh's favourites -♥-

Rimmel lasting finish 25 hour foundation, superdrug - £7.99

I first heard about this product when I was watching one of Gabrilla Lindley's vlogs and saw that this foundation stayed on even when she had been on the treadmill! If that wasn't reason enough to try it, I don't know what is!
I've been using this for about a month now and I just love it. This is definitely my go-to foundation as it gives the perfect amount of coverage for my skin (medium-full) and also blends nicely with my skin colour. I find that when applied with the Real Techniques buffing brush (from their core collection) it gives an almost flawless finish.
The liquid comes out as a nice consistency, not too thick but also not too runny and when applied leaves the skin looking slightly dewy. If you like your skin looking slightly like a porcelain doll then there is no need to add powder, however you can always add it to set the foundation nicely.


Rimmel
Quality - 9/10
Price - 9/10
Durability - 10/10
Personal Score - 9.5/10

Maybelline Big Eyes Liner, Boots - £4.99

Personally, I love the idea of having big eyes, so this product drew me in straight away!
There are 2 available colour options for this: Beige/Black and White/Black.
I would suggest using the beige one if you want your highlight to look much more subtle, however I chose the white because I think it makes much more of a dramatic effect.
I would say that I don't really use the black eyeliner end because I'm not that big of a fan of black kohl liners but
I would consider the white end to be the best inner eye highlighter that I have ever used. It has good wear and stays on for most of the day and it definitely does what it says on the tin and gives you big eyes!

Maybelline
Quality - 7/10
Price - 10/10
Durability - 8/10
Personal Score - 8/10

Revolution Awesome Double Flick Thick and Thin Eyeliner, Revolution- £3.50

I wear liquid eyeliner pretty much every single day so I'm always looking for the perfect liner. When I saw this one the first thing that blew me away was the price, but as it was so cheap I decided not to get too excited until I was able to see the quality. HOWEVER, this has very fast become my favourite liquid liner! It is so, so easy to apply and I would definitely recommend it to anyone that's either thinking of using liquid eyeliner for the first time, or someone that just wants a quick applicator. The thin end is perfect for drawing close to the lash line on the eyelid and the thicker end allows for a perfect, dramatic wing. The only downside to this product is that you have to remember to be very careful when rubbing your eyes or itching your face because it is easily smudged.

Revolution
Quality - 7.5/10
Price - 10/10
Durability - 8/10
Personal score - 9/10


Revlon Colorburst 'Sultry Sulfureuse #225' Matte Balm, Boots - £7.99

Firstly, the colour of this product is absolutely beautiful. It's a perfect plummy shade for Autumn/Winter and pretty much suits any skin colour.
Secondly, although it gives off a matte effect on the lips, it also feels hydrating due to the balm and therefore doesn't make your lips look dry and crinkly like most matte lipsticks do.
Finally, the packaging is absolutely gorgeous and for once, the colour of the bottle matches the colour of the lipstick!

RevlonQuality - 10/10
Price - 8/10
Durability - 9/10
Personal Score - 10/10

 Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara, Boots - £7.99

I read about this product in celebrity hair/make up artist Lou Teasedale's book The Craft where she said that it was one of the best mascaras for achieving 'Tarantula Leg' lashes (aka thick, volumous lashes). Well, all I can say is, she definitely knows what she's talking about! I started using this mascara in August and I have been using it ever since! After just one coat your eyelashes look instantly volumised, but I prefer adding 3 or 4 more coats just to add way more thickness to the lashes. Not only is this perfect for every day, it would also be ideal for creating a 60's feel by perhaps only applying to the bottom lashes.

Max Factor
Quality - 10/10
Price - 9/10 (definitely cheaper than most max factor mascaras!)
Durability - 10/10
Personal Score - 10/10




1 comment:

  1. I use the Loreal liquid eyeliner too and love it! Great favourites list :) x

    xbeccabe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams